We at BetranKings.com are doing our best to help our readers get the most entertainment and quality time out of gaming. However, we feel that we have a responsibility to remind our users on how to spot potential problems within their own behavior.
How to Detect Addiction
Developing a gambling addiction is never acceptable. If you notice any of the following, we will advise you to stop and reconsider your own gaming:
- You find yourself spending too much time playing.
- You play for money that you cannot afford to lose.
- You do not quit when you are ahead.
- You take loans in order to continue playing.
- You are playing to recover from losses.
- Gaming starts to become more important to you than family and friends.
- You find yourself having to raise the stakes in order to get excited.
- Do you gamble alone for long periods, perhaps staying away from work or other activities to do so?
- Have you ever been tempted to commit an act of dishonesty to finance your gambling?
All cases of gambling addiction are different and may present unique signs and symptoms not listed here. In all instances, any concerns you have regarding a potential gambling problem (concerning you or anyone else) should be addressed at the earliest possible stage.
When and How to Seek Help
- The National Council on Problem Gambling 1-800-522-4700
- Texas Department of State Health Service
- New Jersey Department of Human Services
- Pennsylvania’s Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- The Problem Gamblers Help Network of West Virginia
- Delaware Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Gamblers Anonymous (www.gamblersanonymous.org) Is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem.
- GamTalk (www.gamtalk.org) Is a 24/7 moderated online peer support forum.
- GameCare 0808-802-0133
- gambling therapy
- Gamblers Anonymous (www.gamblersanonymous.org)
- UK Addiction Treatment Centers 0808 250 6245
- Italy Gambling Online therapy
- Canada Saftey Council 613-739-1535
- Gambling Help Online 1800-858-858